Friday, August 1, 2008

i put the fun in dysfunctional

Introspection is best for a person in moderated doses. I enjoy a good soul searching, but too much of it can have a detrimental effect on a person's well-being. That being the case, this entry will be sporadic, and not too in depth on anything in particular. I need a break from intense introspection and philosophizing.

I'm tired. This week has taken it out of me mentally. I've decided (again) that I need a new job. Its just too much. I have goals that I'm not doing anything to work toward right now. And I have self respect that is making it difficult for me to be in the current environment.

I can think of at least two people who are in the same boat with me on the work sitch. We all need to be more empowered and do things to better our circumstances. Whether that means making a stand to change how you're being treated, or ending the situation. We should have the courage and faith to know that we can do it, and it will be okay.

Okay, I feel better now. And none of this was too deep. It was just good.

1 comment:

Matthew Moore said...

i think i know all three of the people you're talking about. some better than others :P

and while your hard drug metaphor works quite well...maybe you shouldn't say things like "but for some reason i want to try it." it might just confuse some people...and unnecessary confusion is no good.